BLOGGING TIPS- You can market your great blog endlessly, but it won't help get readers if you do it to the wrong audience. If you are selling heavy metal cds to a business exec, it's not likely that a sale will be made (or a click to your blog!), just like dvds not finding a big audience with book readers. If you are talking about a PPC to crafters, you'll be wasting your time. In both cases, you may have found readers, but not ones that really are interested in your blog, no matter how well designed, concise and accurate it is. It's still a great blog, but you're not getting to the right reader. Your time is too valuable, don't waste it with unfocused marketing. You'll use the same effort, but with accuracy, you'll find readers that will be interested. Even if the "wrong reader" visits young blog with a quick click, they are not likely to stay or come back if they're on the wrong niche. But, if you take the same marketing time and energy to cater your blog marketing plan to the "right" reader, they will respond, and visit your blog over & over if you keep maintaining it with new, appropriate content. This is because your topic relates to them and they have an interest in what you are saying and probably want to learn more. You need to relate to them and be the expert or conduit to give them more information!
How to do market to the right people? ----
- Make sure you read and comment on other similarly themed blogs about the topic you share. Show the author and his/her readers thru your comments that you have something important to add.
- Join forums and message boards on your topic. Jump in, add to the discussion and spread the word about your great blog.
- Study up on Adsense, learn what it can when you're ready to advertise and advertise properly using the right key words.
- Tell like-minded friends, family, club members and co-workers about your blog.
- Run print ads in similarly themed magazines. Classified ads in smaller hobby publications are not expensive
- Submit letters, articles to newspapers, magazines on your niche. It also improves your standing as an "expert".
When you look to increase blog readership, analyze the prospective audience and don't try to market a product (blog) with no relevance to the reader !! To the right reader, you're blog can be the best !!!